Please note that there is an application fee of $25, payable online after completing the online application form.
(Dual-enrolling high school students are exempt from this fee.)
Please Read the Following Admission Policies Before Applying
Once all information is received, the applicant's file will go before the admissions committee for approval. The Office of Admissions will inform the applicant of the admissions committee's action. If an applicant fails to register for classes within one year of approval, he/she will be required to reapply and supply updated information. The college reserves the right to perform a background check and/or credit check on any and all applicants. All applicants are encouraged to call the Office of Admissions at any time if they have any questions. All forms used for the admissions process can be found on the college website at www.baptistcollege.edu/admissions.
- Will have been a Christian with active participation in a local church for at least one year.
- Will provide affirmation of faith and service.
- Will be recommended by a local Christian church.
- Will submit a personal recommendation.
- Will be of strong moral character.
- Will not use tobacco, recreational narcotics, alcohol or any other intoxicants in any form or amount.
- Will be emotionally and socially capable of adjusting to college life.
- Will show evidence of responsibility in personal money management.
- Will submit satisfactory descriptions of any and all divorces and remarriages.
- Will submit proof of immunizations for measles and rubella as indicated by Rule 6C-6.001(5) Florida Administrative Code before acceptance into BCF. All students are required to submit a BCF Immunization form documenting meningococcal meningitis and Hepatitis B, or a signed waiver stating information on both diseases has been read and the student declines receipt of each vaccine.
- Will possess a high school diploma or the equivalent General Education Diploma (GED). Official academic transcripts and GED certificates with scores and date of completion or graduation must be sent from their points of origin directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Will submit official transcripts from any and all institutions of higher education attended. Transfer students who have an Associate of Arts degree from a regionally accredited college or university may be able to submit an official college transcript in lieu of the high school transcript requirement (see also Transfer of Credit from Other Institutions).
- Will meet the following ACT/SAT requirements.
- First-time freshmen who have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent are required to submit official ACT or SAT score.
- Transfer students who have earned at least 24 semester hours of college credit may be exempt from the ACT/SAT requirement.
- Students failing to submit these scores as required, may be provisionally admitted at the discretion of the admissions committee for one semester only. Students who fail to submit the required test scores will not be permitted to register for subsequent semesters.
- Home-schooled high school graduates, in addition to all other requirements, must present a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale on a home school transcript and give evidence of having earned a minimum of 20 units, with at least 14 units from the fields of English (4), math (4), social sciences (3) and natural sciences (3).
- Applicants may be conditionally admitted at the discretion of the admissions committee. Conditional admission will apply to degree seeking applicants whose credentials warrant concern about their ability to complete a degree program at The Baptist College of Florida. Conditionally admitted applicants may gain regular admission to the college by demonstrating their ability to do college work during the first two regular semesters. Under no circumstances will students remain on conditional admission beyond one year. Failure to earn the minimum grade point average for unconditional retention by the end of the second regular semester will result in permanent suspension from the college.
Important Note: Degree Seeking Applicants must submit all official documents by the end of the Drop/Add date. Applicants not meeting requirements for regular admission prior to the Drop/Add date may be admitted as a non-degree seeking student only.
For a complete listing of "Admission Requirements" please see the current college catalog (pdf).
Click here (pdf) to download a printable version of the Application for Admission.
As you fill out the application, please do not use the "Back" button in your browser. This
will cause the session to clear and you will have to start the application over again.
Instead, use the "Next Page," "Previous Page," and "Table of Contents" links.